Friday, January 13, 2012

Horror Movie Coolie: Jason in Friday the 13th Part 2

Happy Friday the 13th, y'all! If there was anytime to talk about the Friday the 13th series it's now. It's an interesting movie because even if you haven't seen the original, you're probably not far off in guessing what goes on in in. Earlier on in my horror movie watching career I watched the entire series when I was 11 or 12. And holy hell are they boring. They just get more and more nonsensical. And frankly, I like a little bat shit crazy with my nonsensical. (see: Nightmare on Elm Street series) But there was one moment of the whole Friday series that scared the bejesus out of me.

Hey girl.

After Alice Hardy fought off both Mrs. Voorhees and a miniature swamp-man version of Jason, Alice thinks she's safe and sound, right? Wrong. Dead wrong. Men have strange relationships with their mothers, but when they manage to come back from the dead to avenge her death you should know there's really no point in running.

Friday the 13th Part 2 opens with Alice pottering around her apartment telling her mom that she's fine. She's totally fine. She's even taking meds to combat the anxeity of being the only survivor out of all her friends. See? Fine. Totally fine.

Then....

WTF indeed.

ZOMFG !!!!!!1!!!!
I'm not endorsing Jason as a Horror Movie Coolie because he kills a Final Girl, but because this scene scared the snot out of me when I was 11. Well played, Jason, well played.

3 comments:

  1. My film is not a movie; it's not about Vietnam. It is Vietnam.

    Horror Movies | Online Movies

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg im only 9 i watched this HA BEAT YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete