Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fright Bytes - Women in Horror Month


Hi all! Yes, this is a shameless plug. But I'm plugging something that's free and you might even enjoy. The Fright Bytes Women in Horror Month episode just went live and I was thrilled to be on it. I was even more thrilled to be on a panel with Lady Hellbat aka Andrea Subissati and Lianne Spiderbaby.For those of you that aren't familiar with these lovely, intelligent, funny women here's a crash course.



Lianne Spiderbaby is the host of Fright Bytes and contributor at Fangoria Magazine. Beautiful yes, but will terrify you with her film knowledge. She's currently working on her first book entitled 'Grindhouse Girls: Cinema's Hardest Working Women', about exploitation and horror actresses which I'm already lining up for.



Andrea Subissati aka Lady Hellbat already has her first book under her belt, "When There's No More Room in Hell: The Sociology of the Living Dead" and some standout appearances on the Rue Morgue Podcast. She's an academic with a killer personality. Her passion and energy is as contagious as a zombie bite. 

It was a blast to film. Special thanks to Phil aka "Josh" and Steve for the technical, creative and moral support. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

4 comments:

  1. Loved the video, I shared it on Facebook. The beginning had me LMGAO (Laughing My Green Arse Off).

    As for High Tension, I thought the lead character was masculinized too, and that sort of took away from the movie for me.

    Great job on the video!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was waaaaay too much fun to film.

      I've always had a bit of a problem with High Tension. I like what Roger Ebert said about it, (to paraphrase) you know the saying you could drive a truck through that plot hole, well in High Tension they do. Literally.

      Delete
  2. Damn it! Now I want to be a woman in horror too!

    It was cool to see you in action, and in such great company too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Put on a wig and we'll sneak you in!!

      Thanks! It's so hard to be around funny, intelligent, beautiful women. I don't know how I do it...

      Delete