Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Trailer Review: Mama (2013) - Beware the CGI Demons



So I've watched this trailer a couple times and I'm getting a sense of deja vu. Well, emotional deja vu. The trailer for Mama (2013) is giving me the same excitement that I initially had for Sinister. And we alllllll know how that turned out.


Mama is the story of a couple who has to raise the guy's nieces who were abandoned in the woods but because of the foreboding snow, it's clear the girls are haunted by something. The first 2 minutes are nice and creepy and features Jessica Chastain (classy) and Tony Shaloub (awesome) in some fun horror parts. Then we get a lot of CGI. Like, a lot. Like, too much. I love a good creepy demon/ghost film but not when the film can't trust itself to deliver on the scares and becomes an rampage of a CG monster that looks completely out of place with the rest of the movie.

Blerg.
 I tend to think this comes from studio interference rather than the filmmakers but goodness, gracious if i have to spend the last 20 minutes of this movie with DeVry level monsters jumping out at me, I'm writing a letter.


Lest we forget:


Ugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment