Saturday, April 13, 2013

Ghosts in the Machine: The Evolution of Found Footage Horror at The Black Museum


I figure if I can't shamelessly plug myself here, where can I? This Thursday April 18th I'll be giving a lecture as part of The Black Museum's Spring semester. I'll be presenting on the topic of Found Footage Horror and its evolution by analyzing Cannibal Holocaust (1980), The Blair Witch Project (1999), The Ring (2002), REC (2007), Paranormal Activity (2007) and The Last Exorcism (2010). The lecture will be taking place at Big Picture Cinema at Gerrard and Jones in the east end of Toronto. The lecture starts at 8pm.advanced tickets can be bought on the event page for $12 or at the door for $15.

I hope some of you can make it. If all else fails, they also serve beer at the theatre.


5 comments:

  1. Ah, you torment me with these awesome Toronto events, yet I am stuck in Des Moines, IA where the most exciting event is the weekly Farmer's Market.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too far away. I would come otherwise just to ogle your beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm planning to write my dissertation on found footage cinema and was wondering whether you have a recording of this lecture or transcript that I could buy off you? Anything you can give would be greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, we don't actually have a recording right now. But if you have any specific questions or anything I can help with I'd be happy to help.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I'm only writing my proposal at the moment but will definitely get in contact with you over the summer once I've nailed down exactly what it is I want to write about.

      Delete